The Waggonwaybreen glacier in Svalbard
Collapse Conspiracy: When corporations and governments pursue robust economic trade and growth while downplaying and ignoring collapse.
The natural world, upon which any society is based, is close to total collapse.
- Half of all wildlife was lost in the past 40 years. (here in the UK one in ten species are currently threatened with extinction) and…
- Humans destroyed 10% of all the wilderness in the last 20 years.
- Global fisheries are collapsing.
- Insect populations are collapsing. (in the US bees have been placed on the endangered species list).
- Coral reefs are bleaching. (‘Zero percent chance of recovery’ for the great barrier reef — it’s gone)
- Everests of ice are pouring into the Atlantic.
- A third of arable land has been lost in the past 40 years.*
- Not only are we are now entering abrupt climate change…**
- …but the terminal phase of collapse has been happening since the late 1960s.
- And we’re on course for a life-on-earth-obliterating 7° rise in temperatures in a lifetime.
Figures on social and physical health aren’t very encouraging either.
- Only 13% the world’s workforce are ‘activity engaged’ at work.
- 8 people own the same wealth as half the world.
- UN declares antibiotic resistance ‘the greatest and most urgent global risk.’
- Half a billion people are obese while…
- Nearly a billion people don’t have enough to eat and…
- A billion children (half of the world’s population of children) live in poverty.
- One in four people are ‘mentally ill’. (including yours truly)
FEATURE: Top 10 Prepper Mistakes