The Big Fat Fucking Lie

By 2050, GDP will grow 300%, emissions have to drop 100%, all for a 95% chance of failing to remain below 2 C, which Hansen calls a “disaster”.

 

You are being lied to on an epic scale so vast it defies human understanding.

Here’s Paul Beckwith on why the COP shin digs don’t work. You got small African countries sending hundreds of delegates to these conferences for little more than an exotic vacation. These conferences are not populated by great minds, they’re peopled by politicians and media whores.

Why Huge Climate Policy and Science Conferences Fail

James Hansen said at the last COP soiree that after 20 years of trying, solar/wind energy power just 1% of Total World Energy Demand.

James Hansen at #COP23: Nuclear Power? Are Renewables Enough?

James Hansen: 2 Degrees is a Recipe for Disaster

The world gets over 80% of its energy from fossil fuels. The Paris agreement says that we have to reduce fossil energy 95% below 1990 levels by 2050, yet GDP is going to grow 300% by then. We are promising to do this just to keep temperatures from rising over 2 C. James Hansen calls 2 C a “disaster”. It’s like taking a child to the edge of a cliff and telling them they’ll float up to heaven if they jump off.

The Insane Paris Climate Accord – Dr Roger Bezdek

Kevin Anderson says we have 95% chance of failure staying below 2 C. Remember, 2 C is a disaster, we have a 5% chance of achieving “disaster” and a 95% chance of catastrophic cascading collapse by 2050, which is 30 years away.

Kevin Anderson & Hugh Hunt – Quit the loose talk on climate change and let’s get serious!

It gets better, the big lie that is. We also have to reduce emissions to **zero** by 2050. We have to reduce emissions to zero, reduce fossil use 95% and triple GDP in 30 years. This is absolutely fucking impossible.

What it takes to limit Climate to 2C (Visualization)

We have to grow the economy 300%, reduce emissions 100% all for a 5% chance of restraining events to the “disaster” level. No matter what Bill McKibben and Naomi Klein say, this is 1000% impossible.

Meanwhile, worst-case global warming predictions are the most accurate, and there is a 93% chance that global warming will exceed 4C by the end of this century.

The Big Cook

 

**collapse daily links**

Alaskan North Slope climate change just outran one of our tools to measure it (climate.gov)

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/blogs/beyond-data/alaskan-north-slope-climate-change-just-outran-one-our-tools-measure

I think a camera fell over

How climate denial papers get written: the authors choose a conclusion, then cherry-pick arguments and evidence (twitter.com)

That’s how I got crushed by the weight of a billion collapse cherries

The Bitcoin network consumes as much energy as Denmark. (arstechnica.com)

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/bitcoins-insane-energy-consumption-explained/

These guys get 50% of their renewable energy burning imported trees

GE to cut 12000 power-division jobs in bid to keep up with shift to renewable energy (bostonglobe.com)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2017/12/07/cut-power-division-jobs-bid-keep-with-shift-renewable-energy/BzqTunIVwscjY0y5XvpoHK/story.html

We call it green growth

Desertification and Drought: An Issue Even in the Tropical Zone (wildlifealliance.org)

https://www.wildlifealliance.org/desertification-drought-issue-tropical-zone/

In a Warming California, a Future of More Fire (nytimes.com)

Coal powered electric cars won’t stop it

Global Warming’s Worst-Case Projections Look Increasingly Likely (technologyreview.com)

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609620/global-warmings-worst-case-projections-look-increasingly-likely/

3 Largest Meat Producers Rival Exxon in Greenhouse Gas Emissions – JBS, Cargill & Tyson emitted more greenhouse gas last year than all of France. (alternet.org)

https://www.alternet.org/animal-rights/three-largest-meat-producers-rival-exxon-greenhouse-gas-emissions

According to scientists, the Great Barrier Reef can no longer be saved (absolute-knowledge.com)

https://www.absolute-knowledge.com/great-barrier-reef-cant-be-saved/

Come on, you knew that already if you read collapse daily

Health risks of shipping pollution have been ‘underestimated’ One giant container ship can emit almost the same amount of cancer and asthma-causing chemicals as 50m cars, study finds (theguardian.com)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2009/apr/09/shipping-pollution

That’s why transport is exempt from the Paris accord

Malawi suffers blackouts as drought exposes 98% reliance on hydro power: Shire river, which generates almost all of the country’s power, has fallen to critical levels, leaving major cities struggling. (theguardian.com)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/08/malawi-blackouts-drought-hydro-power

Dams are major methane emitters, the US has 75,000 dams

 

Humans may be scaring narwhals to death (popsci.com)

https://www.popsci.com/narwhal-escape-maneuvers-human-scared-death

They scare me to death

Irish sea level rising 3.5cm a decade since the early 1990s. Climate study finds average annual rainfall has risen, and flash flood patterns have changed (irishtimes.com)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/irish-sea-level-rising-3-5cm-a-decade-since-the-early-1990s-1.3319367

My dad was an Irish lullaby fanatic

Wealthier people produce more carbon pollution — even the “green” ones (vox.com)

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2017/12/1/16718844/green-consumers-climate-change

News for editors

The Bitcoin boom may be a disaster for the environment (money.cnn.com)

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/07/technology/bitcoin-energy-environment/index.html

CNN gets its blame ducks in a row in case TSHTF

Forests Are the Key to Fresh Water

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/12/171207095007.htm

We lost 75 million acres last year and northern Europe gets 50% of its “renewable electricity” burning trees shipped there by heavily polluting cargo ships exempt from emissions control.

Can Humans Survive? Radio Ecoshock

https://www.ecoshock.org/2017/12/can-humans-survive.html

The Plutocene: a hot radioactive world

Bitcoin Doesn’t Exist (Automatic Earth)

https://www.theautomaticearth.com/2017/12/bitcoin-doesnt-exist-3/

News Flash: neither does real money, only energy exists

The beautiful Icelandic tradition of giving books on Christmas Eve, TreeHugger

https://www.treehugger.com/culture/icelanders-give-books-christmas-eve.html

Treehugger wants to turn trees into books for Xmas? If so, are they blind to the irony?

Canola oil linked to worsened memory and learning ability in Alzheimer’s MedicalXPress

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-12-canola-oil-linked-worsened-memory.html

Explains my vascular dementia, because there’s no way the booze and weed are responsible

Private War: Erik Prince Has His Eye On Afghanistan’s Rare Metals, Buzzfeed

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aramroston/private-war-erik-prince-has-his-eye-on-afghanistans-rare

No war, no green energy wet dreams

Warrantless Surveillance Can Continue Even if Law Expires, Officials Say New York Times

 

 

Advertisements
Standard

6 thoughts on “The Big Fat Fucking Lie

  1. red says:

    I expect you do more reading than most but if you haven’t seen this you may find it irresistible! A little snippet from:http:
    //www.theartofannihilation.com/part-1-expose-the-2º-death-dance-the-1º-cover-up/

    Earth and her inhabitants would clearly be threatened if the 1ºC threshold was to be exceeded. However, Insatiable Greed, did not listen. Insatiable Greed dismissed the wise advice – only interested in knowing how much further destruction could be continued before the Earth would reach her maximum limit where catastrophe would be unavoidable. Being the virus he was, Insatiable Greed used the tools available to successfully infect and multiply – effectively burying the initial warning of 1ºC, thus ensuring the Earth’s inhabitants would believe the extremely dangerous threshold of 2ºC would be safe. This is the story.

    Liked by 2 people

  2. Sandy Blue Ocean says:

    Hi. This is the Environmental Coffee House lady, Sandy. This blog blew me away, and I can’t say that I am not with you. In fact, waking people up is a gentle process if your are going to be able to keep them there. If not the “alarmist” moniker gets thrown at you and people would rather go back to sleep than be alarmed. At least in my experience. The United States is in a perpetual state of PSTD, with social media creating a collective group hysteria, and msm feeding them lies and more lies. It’s all a ball of lies. Driven by Insatiable Greed….as red says above. My head is about to explode. I just did a live with a woman in the middle of Dantes Inferno who is rescuing horses. It was a rational discussion about climate change leading to all of this. The usual cast of characters came on with Agenda 21 and “they” are killing us shiite, that “they” are shooting direct moonbeams at us. Gigi handled it well…she simply came out and said that the conspiracy shiite just ain’t happening! Humans are responsible for the mess we find ourselves in. Bottom line…We are so F@ck@d.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s