- Socialism will not do what needs to be done. It will pay the bills for a while, but it won’t save Jack Shit. But I’m pleased Cory is getting the attention she deserves. I saw a guy reassure all the super rich in Davos when he said that corporations, NGOs and governments still have a role to play in climate change. 100% private carbon tax dividends will ensure that role is minimized.
- The thing about being a crazy old hermit, is that you often feel like, well, a crazy old hermit. I’ve been singing the same song for a few years now, it’s like a revitalizing breath of fresh air to even recognize anything remotely similar.
- I’m no scientist (thank God) but I do have a sciencey fetish, I don’t think glacial calving events are supposed to be happening in February.
The worst green energy fraud offender is corporate academia. Yale, Stanford, Cambridge and Oxford are the worst offenders. Remember a couple years ago when Stanford said we can have 100% renewable energy by 2050? Pure bullshit. I think they went to court with ‘real’ scientists who disputed their bunk. Silence. I never heard anything else about it since.
- I have doubts about this because things usually cool it a while after a super El Nino. I suspect a couple of slightly normal years will ensue before another heat state jump.
Get over it: Asia rules Asia Times. Pepe Escobar.
America’s Navy Is Going To Rat Shit – Pro Publica
- Oceans will be more blue going ahead until the AMOC shuts down and stratification will eventual render anoxic oceans a purple color and the skies will turn green.
Green New Deal
Green New Deal Targets Link Between Trade Policy and Climate Change Capital & Main. David Sirota.
A Green New Deal for Housing Jacobin
- Taxing the rich is gaining ground. Good. Giving that money to socialists is bad. They will just turn around and give it to their fiends. Sure, the poor will benefit for a while, but it won’t stop the collapse. It’s too little too late. See here.
The Last American Hero